How many of you have babies learning to walk on tile floors?

I know that questions sounds stupid but our house is tiled throughout and I'm worried about DD learning to walk and falling and hurting herself. I guess I'm just asking to make me feel better. Thanks

mrsmendoza2006

Asked by mrsmendoza2006 at 2:10 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We have all hardwood floors, and tile in bathrooms and kitchen and our son and daughter did just fine. They had no major accidents and are both happy and healthy walkers.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 2:14 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My daughter is learning on hardwood. She has yet to fall, but she is very cautious. You may want to invest in some of those slipper socks. The ones that have the little grippers on the bottoms if you are really concerned. My daughter is 14 months old and will only take a few steps at a time, 6 is her max, solo. She can do it, she is just a little under confident.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:21 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Most of our main living areas are tiled. Yes, they fall, get bumps and bruises. It's normal. Just make sure she doesn't wander around in socks with no grippy bottoms. Keep her barefoot if it's not cold. If it is cold, keep her in socks with grippy bottoms or slippers with good traction - most kids slippers are horrible though.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:49 PM on May. 4, 2009

• when my dd was learning how to walk our house was all hardwood and she did just fine. she fell a few times.. but no major wipe outs. dont let her learn in socks though.. she'll slip and slide all over.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 4:17 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My son is attempting to walk now. I think he does better on the kitchen tile than on the carpeted rooms. Of course I can't keep socks on him, so he is ALWAYS bare foot at home. They are so cute now when they are trying to get those chubby legs to work for them. But keep up the good work mom, and don't forget it's our job as mothers to worry about our lil ones.
    BaByNoAhsMoMma

Answer by BaByNoAhsMoMma at 3:18 PM on May. 5, 2009