Those live by the Bible---

Does the Holy Spirit guide you when reading? When reading if one word is off a little from the original text does it bother you? Or do you look for the entire meaning?

I am not sure why there is so much emphasis on the version. The Word of the Lord is the WORD of the Lord. When in doubt go back to the golden rule and think how you would feel or want to be treated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I read the text, then meditate on it and pray about it for God to give me insight to find my own meaning and how it applies to my life.

And I agree, the version shouldn't matter. A thee here, a thou here . . . who cares?
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:28 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I always pray before I start my Bible study, so yeah, the Holy Spirit does guide me,and I know I've learned so much more from God's word than I ever would have without that. I have yet to see anything in the Bible that contradicts itself in anyway. In fact, it's laid out perfectly, to answer any and all questions we could ever have about life, and to lead us in our daily walks. I've never gotten anything but good news out of it.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:28 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I totally agree! He even has helped me find the exact verse to help me with whatever I am facing!I just prefer the King James for my Bible,after looking into its history which I did extensive research on. The NIV is good too.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:35 PM on May. 4, 2009

• The Holy Spirit totally guides me when I am reading. It is like He is sitting here on my couch next to me and we are reading together, then He will point at a verse that I may have not noticed too much, and He will tell me to look at it closely and then He will point out something in my life that it relates to. He is like a wonderful teacher and friend speaking to me as I read.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:22 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes, the Holy Spirit guides me in my reading. It seems like every time I read the Bible, I come across a whole paragraph pertaining to the current situation I am in, or something that happened that day.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:25 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I agree with everyone. The Holy spirit helps me with my studies also. God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 7:43 PM on May. 4, 2009