breastfeeding question

my baby is 3 weeks old and i have been breastfeeding him which for the most part is going well but im wondering if this is normal.
when i feel my milk let down during a feeding and even some times between feedings its like a tingly pins and needles feeling. anyone else have this or can you atleast tell me if its normal?

Jaxsmommy09

Asked by Jaxsmommy09 at 2:40 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. It's normal. It gets better as you go along. It helps when your baby feeds more often and eats more at each feeding. You might try using a breast pump to empty out the excess after you're done feeding. It helped me feel a lot better. I was so full I could hardly move without feeling pain. Hope that helps.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 2:42 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes, that's a normal let-down feeling. It gets better with time.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:42 PM on May. 4, 2009

• It was normal for me. I have two children that I breastfed and plan of breastfeeding this baby I am due to have early June. I got a stinging or pins feeling when my milk would let down. It only lasted a second or two and then it was over. Hope that helps put your mind at ease. Congrats on the new baby!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 2:43 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yup. It might go away over time. My DD is 18mos and I still feel it every now and then. It's normal.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:08 PM on May. 4, 2009