Are you spending Mothers' Day w/ your kid(s)?

I see a lot of Mothers' Day gifts are a day away from mothering or a mother's day out. I know the preggos are surely spending it w/ their babies. But what about everyone else? Will you be taking a break as a gift? Doing something w/ the whole family? Or having a regular Sunday plus a few flowers and chocolates? My DD's only 18mos and has never gone a day w/out me, so I won't be starting soon. I don't think I'm getting a gift from her either. Lol. So I just got myself a new sling.

jus1jess

Asked by jus1jess at 2:51 PM on May. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• I normally do...we'll do something as a family together.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 2:53 PM on May. 4, 2009

• just going to thomas's mom's and probably going out to dinner with the whole family
    Am17

Answer by Am17 at 2:59 PM on May. 4, 2009

• she's 18 months and never been away from you? wow...i took a break after a few weeks of my son being born, also with my dd. anyway, i'm going to be with my kids obviously cuz my dh is deployed and they're with me all the time now. i can't wait till he gets back, so i can get a break.
    Anonymous

• I always spend it with my kids, hopefully we will be on the plane joining hubby.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:09 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I wont be this year. They will be with their father due to the custody agreement.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 3:15 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i'll most likely be with my fiance and my son of course :) my fiance wants to take me out to a nice dinner though, but kyle is coming with lol so either way i will be spending my day with my boys! :D
    trishasjunebug

Answer by trishasjunebug at 4:00 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I will be with my kids! We will go to my FDH's grandmother's for a barbecue. Other than that, it will be just like any other day!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 7:52 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I request things that we can do as a family. Mother's Day is a day that I can ask to do something special that I can't normally fit into our schedule or I keep trying to plan it and it never comes to fruition. To me, this is a day to be with my children, not away from them. Granted, I spend every other day with him and a break would be nice, lol. I think that this is a day to have special trips and do special things to make it not just another day. I can try to get a break any other day.
    Anonymous

• I will be with my son, mom, grandma, aunts and unlces, dad and cousins at my parents house. I get to make my famous skillet.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:12 PM on May. 4, 2009

• As long as I get to spend the day enjoying my babies, it was a good day.  There is nowhere else I'd rather be.

And FTR, my youngest (18 months on the 13th) has never been away from me for a day. The longest has been the duration of a dental appointment for me.  The only times my older two have been away from me is while I was in the hospital having their siblings. :)

MommyLady

Answer by MommyLady at 12:01 AM on May. 5, 2009