How Many Mamas have Kids in Sports?

Are you a Mom with a kiddo in sports and how active are you? Meaning are you a coach, volunteer, parent ect.

vycki9hse

Asked by vycki9hse at 2:52 PM on May. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son currently is in swimming, martial arts and pee wee sports (football, track, soccer, t-ball). We are just parents...we're not at the volunteer, coaching part yet. He just turned 6...when he starts 1st grade he may start competitive football where my hubby might volunteer.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 2:55 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My daughter is in Gymnastics. She wants to also take Karate and soccer. I'm not very active. I do well just to get her when she needs to be on time.... I have two kids younger than she is and I'm a single mom. I am more active in Girl Scouts.

I wish I could be more active in everything my kids do, but I'm over extended as it is....

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:55 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My 4 year old daughter is in gymnastics and ballet at the local YMCA, and she is about to start swimming and t-ball too. My oldest son (12) is currently not doing any sports but he does play soccer and basketball during those seasons. My 10 year old son plays baseball and soccer.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:59 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Kids are in guitar and karate now. I used to be active asstant coach when son played baseball. But all the sports here got way parent crazy and my son said it wasn't fun anymore and wanted to do karate so now he does Judo and loves it. www.RamblingsOFaSAHM.com

Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 3:00 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My son plays football and lacrosse, we go to the games and support him but that's about it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:07 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My daughter is 12 and she is playing softball at this time. But she also does soccer,swimming and track. My son is 5, right now he is doing tee-ball. He is still working out the kinks at what he likes to do. He tried soccer and hates that, but is loving tee-ball.
    burkemom

Answer by burkemom at 5:24 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My son is into bowling and baseball. I am at all his games and practices, I help the coaches as needed. I practice with him at home too. As for bowling, I have even bowled with him on a junior adult league.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:10 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My daughter and son are both in tee - ball my husband coaches and I help him.
    tuesday10

Answer by tuesday10 at 1:05 PM on May. 5, 2009