my son has a boo boo :(

my 2yr old fell and scraped both of his knees, and he is MISERABLE! i cleaned the cuts and put petrolium jelly and bandaids on them but he's freaking out telling me to take the bandaids off. i finally got him to take his nap after an hour straight of crying. is there anything else i can do? is neosporin okay for kids? i feel bad when he's crying and there's nothing more i can do!

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 2:54 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Poor baby. Same has happened with my son several times. I cleaned the wounds and then applied Neosporin.
    Anonymous

• Put a few ketchup packets (like the ones you get at fast food places) in the freezer. When they are frozen have him put them over his boo boo to make it feel a little better. My son hates having ice packs put on him but he loves the ketchup packets and will actually keep them on.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:01 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Neosporin with pain killer is what we use. Our son is two, also. Just make sure he doesn't wipe it off and into his mouth.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:07 PM on May. 4, 2009

• It's OK to go without the band-aids if he won't keep them on. (Unless they are REALLY bad, and you might lightly wrap them with gauze.) The Neosporin will soak in and you may just have to apply it lightly 2-3 times a day for a while. Remember, the best cure for a Boo-Boo is Mommy Time!wink mini

Also, tell the story over & over like he's a big. brave boy, etc. and expect him to refer to this, LONG after it heals. :)

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 4:24 PM on May. 4, 2009