Question?

I will be thirty six weeks on thursday, two weeks ago went to doctor and she checked me and told me that my baby had dropped and was in position she said she could feel the babies head. She told me she gives me three weeks but I havent had any contractions not even braxton hicks ones. I guess Im just wondering how accurate doctors are on this and if there any signs I should look for besides mucus plug and contractions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When I was 35 weeks, my doctor checked me and I was 1cm dilated. She refused to give me a time frame because everyone is different. I was 3 days overdue when I had my son. I don't think I lost my mucus plug and I didn't have contractions until the day before my son was born. Good luck! I know it's hard when you get towards the end!
    Anonymous

• doctors esimates are not always acurate, it still pretty much a guessing game. every woman every pregnancy and every delivery is different. they told me i would deliver early and i ended up being induced!!
    other signs would be "nesting" and bowels emptying, i would google it. there would be more answers there.
    good luck!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:04 PM on May. 4, 2009