How did you meet your SO...

I'm a single mom and wondering where or how other moms with kids from prior relationships met the man that was not only good for her but also met her standards for being involved in her kids lives... (needing hope : ) ...

mizsaxton

Asked by mizsaxton at 3:00 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• i met my SO on line at a dating site... i just got out of a very long term relationship and was hesitant to meet him or anyone else face to face... but his persistance wore me down. he is 5 yrs younger than me so i figured ok, you asked for it, what the heck, he will walk in, take one look at me and walk right back out. i had him meet me here at my office on his lunch hour... and then hes back the next day and the next thing i know hes here everyday on his lunch hour. I live right above my office (property management) and some evenings he would call me and i would ask where he was, to find out he was sitting outside my door! then if i wasnt home i would come come back in the evenings he would be sitting out side my place waiting for me. so far so good... been 10 months now. he knows a good thing when he sees it! LOL
    Anonymous

• I met my husband on Yahoo.
    Anonymous

• 13 years ago in an AOL chat room. 10 of those years we were just friends.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 3:07 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I met my fiance on Yahoo and Myspace.
    He was my friend for about 8 months while I was in another relationship.
    Then we started dating ourselves.
    I know he is the one because he would give anything in thw world for us and when he looks at us you can see the love in his eyes.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:09 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I met my husband at the Flea Market .He had just gotten out of a messy divorce and he was the one who had a child. When I began talking to him and his daughter I knew I was in love.I'm 26 and have been married for almost 8 years.We could not be happier.
    leo72482

Answer by leo72482 at 3:10 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I met my S/O about 4 years ago but just got together Feb. This year. And I met him and his job where my ex husband worked/.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 3:20 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I met my hubs thru my best friend's Aunt- she worked with him and gave him my phone #. My sis is single and she meets people at the gym, thru work, volunteering. She met her current boyfriend thru her friend (she is the boyfriend's sister). My bil, and 1 of my uncles met their wives online thru an online dating site (not sure which one/s). I think Church or your child's school would be a place to interact with other single parents. Good luck- I hope you find someone special!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:29 PM on May. 4, 2009

• SO and I met at a local heavy metal bar! we had many of the same friends and it was the hot spot while we went there (soon afterwards they didnt renew their liquor licence for almost a year due to laziness and they lost a ton of regulars). we always spotted each other and smiled, soon started talking, then hung out a few times. after a while we started dating and a couple months later I got pregnant lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:29 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I met my so at a bus stop! We just happened to have doctors at the same office building, and his car broke down, so he was taking the bus that day. We chatted for a bit, then he gave me his phone number. We've been together ever since! That was November of 2003!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:58 PM on May. 4, 2009

• yahoo

Answer by admckenzie at 4:14 PM on May. 4, 2009