Miscarriage?

I didn't even know I was pregnant until last night, I took 2 test and I went to the Dr. office today and they confirmed pregnancy. I've been bleeding off and on and I just had my period about 3 weeks ago. Could I be miscarrying?

I'm feeling a little pain in my back and a lot of pain in my abdomen. I've been told that some women bleed during pregnancy.

Help someone...

tee20747

Asked by tee20747 at 3:07 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Spotting is normal, bleeding and cramps are not. Call your doctor
    Anonymous

• I would call your doctor right away. I have heard that spotting is normal, though. I had a miscarriage a year ago, and it started with mild spotting, but didn't stop. The doctor took me in for an "emergency ultrasound" (is what the nurse called it), and in MY case it was not good news, not trying to scare you.. because everyone is different, but that was my experience. I would just call your doctor to make sure everything's fine so you don't have to worry. Good luck!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 3:29 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Thank you. Unfortunately my Dr. office closes at noon and I went to this pregnancy center which was full of midwives with no answers. I'm in so much pain I think I'll go to the E.R. tonight. Thanks for your help.
    tee20747

Answer by tee20747 at 3:35 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My mom bled when she was pregnant with me and everything was fine (strange, but fine). I hope the best for you!
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 4:39 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I am 5 months pregnat on the 14th.. I had some spotting in my second month and went to the er and they told me it was a threatened miscarrage.. Baby is fine now..

But 7 year ago that wasn't the case. I had some bleeding then some really bad pain like my periods and i ended up miscarring.. I would suggest going to the ER if your pain is to bad or call your doctor and be seen..

Best of luck
    WifeandMommy06

Answer by WifeandMommy06 at 6:55 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Thanks again. I am home safe and sound. It is a thyroid sis that they don't want to operate on until my pregnancy is viable enough. I am 4 weeks and 3 day pregger. Thanks for all of your prayers and support. And the best of luck with your little angels.
    tee20747

Answer by tee20747 at 5:46 PM on May. 6, 2009