Who's a better driver? You or you spouse/significant other?

I'm to the point I just can't ride with my husband anymore,hardly. The man drives like he's qualifying for Nascar,and gets mad at everyone else! UGH! And, then,if someone does something he doesn't like he honks! I tell him, if you honk,they're going to take longer,just to annoy you. Honking does nothing constructive! He won't listen,though. Me, I try to follow all laws,and be polite when I drive. I feel sometimes like disconnecting the stupid horn!

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 3:08 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• im definitely a better driver than my S.O. I get terrified when he's driving because a lot of the time he's not paying attention to the road and has to slam on his brakes at the last minute. you'll find me in the passenger seat pushing my foot down like i have my own brake there. haha!
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 3:10 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Me. My DH has been in several wrecks and flipped his car (before we met). He doesn't think he's a bad driver but he scares me all the time when he's driving and he gets mad when I say I'm scared or grab the oh shit handle.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:13 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I am the more cautious driver.. he is a speed demon and hates traffic... but in his defens he is very aware of everything that is going on around him. He rides motorcycles so he is very attentive. I am the more cautious one but he pays way more attention than I do. He hates when I mess with the radio or am talkng to our son in the back seat and looking in the rear view mirror. so I'm not sure.. I would probably be the worse driver because I am less aware and he is very attentive to whats around him
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 3:16 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My hubby is a way better driver than me. I have really bad depth perception in my peripheral vision so I cannot always tell how close I am to things on the side of me. It drives my hubby crazy and makes me really nervous.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 3:19 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Well...................... I PREFER my driving but hubby is actually a good driver .
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 3:22 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I freak out period when Im not the one in control, SO has a hard time not weaving in between the white and yellow lines but he can reverse and parallel park better than I can and he can drive in snow better too. So I guess hes a better driver
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 3:28 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Me. My pristine driving record backs me up on this fact as well. plus I have been driving longer, even though he is older than I.

Some day though I want to be a stunt driver, and I am probably good enough to be one. I use to spend my Mondays at the empty mall parking lot perfecting sliding into parking places sideways, making the car stop without it jerking to a stop, and many other "smooth moves" that have helped me become a more confident, conscious, cautious driver while I am on the road.
    Anonymous

• My husband is a better driver than me. I don't like driving in heavy traffic and I am horrible at backing out of parking spaces. He is a really good driver and I feel safe riding with him but he makes me nervous when he rides with me.
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 3:45 PM on May. 4, 2009

• HA, after 4 years of marriage we are yet to get to the bottom of this topic.

I think I am the better driver just as he thinks he drives better than me.

ME- no tickets, no accidents(knock on some serious wood)
    DH- about 20 tickets since he started driving and maybe 5 accidents

You do the math
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 3:53 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Dh is a very skilled driver. He drives semi's so techinically he's the better driver. I'm more polite and relaxed. If you asked me a year ago I would have said hands down he's the better driver but for my birthday he backed my suv into a post even though the rear backup sensors were going off :(
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 4:20 PM on May. 4, 2009