What is the best way to keep track of your at home business??

I am a demonstrator w/ Gold Canyon and I would like input on how to keep track of everything in my business....ie., programs, etc...
Thanks!

Momm2Princess

Asked by Momm2Princess at 3:10 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• I use quicken.

It's got a business side to the program that's pretty nice.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 3:20 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Hi! I am with GC too! I use Quick Books, etc.but I also just keep a file of my expenses, like stamps for catalogs I send, when you take a potential Host/customer out for lunch you can deduct that. I keep my families separate from my Gold Canyon items and it all seems to work. If you have anymore questions about anything feel free to contact me.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 3:26 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Oh yeah, having a separate bank account for the little business makes it loads easier to keep track of too.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 3:32 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Intuit software.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:41 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Wow, I just keep a file of everything... No programs... I keep all my paystubs (Ameriplan) as well as all my utility bills, business costs, and mileage... One for each month. Then I know where everything is, it's all labled and easy to find... A computer program would just take more time than I have!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:57 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Me Too, I use QuickBooks (they also have a merchant svc. called intuit).
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 4:20 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I do freelance bookkeeping and business organization; I also do career and job search coaching. I use Peachtree for my accounting, including client billing. I use Outlook to track my projects and appointments. I use Excel a lot.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 PM on May. 4, 2009

• It depends on how big your business is but an accordian file is nice bc you can file your paperwork and take it with you or take it from room to room. Keeps me organized! You can get those at Walmart or Office Depot. I use Microsoft Excel to track customers information, sales, etc.
    Use an online calendar as well as keeping a small one in your purse that you can transfer appts to your computer from. I check my email and my calendar every morning. Hey sometimes you might forget something! Just keep very detailed records of everything and organize them well. Keep receipts in a seperate area. You can write all kinds of things off on your taxes at the end of the year! GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:34 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My company has a backoffice that organizes it for me. For all the hard copy items I have a small file box where I can file receipts etc....

Kahne Witham

www.scentsy.com/kahne

Kahne

Answer by Kahne at 12:55 PM on May. 7, 2009