Picky eater! Help please

My 10 month old son refuses to eat baby food anymore. he just wants to eat soft adult food. I have been giving him mashed potatoes. I am trying to introduce other veggies but he wont eat them. Just white potatoes can't be healthy what do I do?

rachel0226

Asked by rachel0226 at 3:13 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son started having more of an interest in table foods around that age, and just flipped the bowl of babyfood onto the floor. so we experienced lots of messes lol. if you make your own babyfood, you could puree it with less liquids and leave them chunkier. or if he likes mashed potatoes, sneak in some pureed babyfood. in other words, try to mix! my son doesnt like spinach by itself, but will eat it with macaroni and cheese. a book I often use for recipe ideas is Super Babyfood. one fruit my son also enjoys is canned slice peaches! I split them in half and offer them for breakfast. he eats them up!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:25 PM on May. 4, 2009

• have you tried to puree veggies? you can slip them into just about anything like pasta sauces and well mashed potatoes..lol but keep trying with things he's refused you can also mash up other adult food and see if that works my daughter lost interest in all baby food around this age
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 3:17 PM on May. 4, 2009

• mix the vegetables in wit the potatoes..and try making him believe your eating it so he will think its adult food.aww how cute hes developing his own appetite already lol.make sure u cut up the veggies too.add meat with it n stuff.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 3:18 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Try any veggie or fruit. Buy fresh avocado, cooked carrots, sweet potato dices. Canned green beans and beets. Banana, canned fruit in fruit juice.

Try the book...."Feed me, I'm Yours" It has lots of great ideas.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:20 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Are you letting him feed himself? My son has hit that stage. He doesn't want us to feed him. He is 8 months. So I cut up fruits and veggies, toast too.....all the things he is able and allowed to be eating for his age. Have lots of the little Gerber finger foods too.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:24 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Smart baby! Have you ever tasted baby food? Avocado is full of good fats for babies growing brains. Cooked sweet potatoes are nutrient powerhouses. The best book on feeding babies and toddlers is Super Baby Foods by Ruth Yaron, you should be able ; more information at www.superbabyfood.com. Just stay away from the allergy trigger foods, this is not a complete list but includes wheat, soy, dairy, citrus,egg white, strawberries.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:28 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I cook things like pastas, potatoes, veggies, and have them all made up and portioned out for my 13 month old. He will eating anything almost. That way I can take them out of the freezer or fridge to used them. It is easy and convenient too. GL
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 3:34 PM on May. 4, 2009

• And cooked beans!

Answer by rkoloms at 3:39 PM on May. 4, 2009

• thank youWow Thank you all sooo much for all the help. Do I really have to pick just one as the best I don't think that I can decide. lol

rachel0226

Answer by rachel0226 at 8:49 AM on May. 5, 2009