Popular baby names

So here's the thing.. I am having a hard time choosing a name for my baby (girl). I don't want a name that is super strange, but I do not want a name that is so popular that she will have 2 other girls with the same name in her class. When I was in school we had many Ashley's, and they always had to be called "Ashley A" by their last name.. I swore I would (try to) never do that to my child. When I first found out I was having a girl I was set on Addison, until I heard it's super popular.
Anyone know any good web site's that show how popular a name is? Or have any name suggestions? Right now we are considering Leah and Caylin (Kaylin, Kaelyn), but nothing is set.

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 3:25 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 3:27 PM on May. 4, 2009

• try nameberry.com
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 3:27 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Our daughters name is Brailyn. Its half my husbands name and half my name. Brian and Jaclyn so its Brailyn. I know a few others with that name but they are boys and spelled Braylon or Braylan. Have you tried to combine your names. It is hard to find a name that wont become popular by the time she is in school. Leah is pretty common as well. Caylin is different.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:28 PM on May. 4, 2009

• how about adalyn
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 3:29 PM on May. 4, 2009

• If you like Leah (very pretty!) how about Leela? Violet, Audrey, Chloe (prob too popular), Iris...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:30 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Analeigha ...Pronounced Anna Leah
    AnnaLeah
    AnnaLeigha

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:44 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I know so many leahs and kayleigns are poppin out everywhere.

Layken. I love that name, but chose a different one for me dd.
    Anonymous