HOW DO YOU REMOVE CRADDLE CAP FROM A BABIES HEAD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They say use baby oil ..BUT I just would gently scrap it off with the comb after the bath and that did the trick
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i am a very touchy person...i like to pick at things, especially on other people...odd, i know....so i usually just held my son right after a bath and gently scraped it off with my nails...honestly it was really soothing to both of us...who doesnt like their scalp rubbed?
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• For my daughter we used baby oil. Rub it in her scalp and then gently run a comb through her hair to loosen the "scales" then wash her hair. It may take a few tries depending on how bad the case but it always worked for us.
    Haileysmom23

Answer by Haileysmom23 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Baby oil is supposed to work, but it didn't do so well for our son. We tried everything before we just broke down and bought a bottle of expensive cradle cap shampoo. BTW if you live near Loganville, GA I'd be glad to give you the rest of ours. : )
    bluegirl3957

Answer by bluegirl3957 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I always wash my daughters hair with a soft brissle brush while the shampoo is still in it. I just scrub her head. It removes the dried skin before it builds up badly.
    ZOSO

Answer by ZOSO at 10:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I used a dandruff shampoo and gently messaged and washed it out at bathtime.
    EmmieandMom

Answer by EmmieandMom at 10:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I used a comb, the finer the teeth, the better.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 10:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I use gentle naturals baby eczema wash. It seemed to really help.
    kimmie10575

Answer by kimmie10575 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I used a lot of shampoo and then slowly scraped it off. You could use oil but sometimes it makes it worse if you forget to wash it off.
    Babyboybundle

Answer by Babyboybundle at 1:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Gentle Naturals also has a product called Cradle Cap Shampoo. It's pretty good. I've also noticed that with my DD after a bath if I massage baby oil into her scalp and cover it with a hat overnight that her scalp is not NEARLY as dry. This of course doesn't work for my DS who is 15 mo old..he has AWFUL cradle cap and NOTHING has worked to get rid of it. Good luck!
    schmoo_mommy

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 2:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2008