would you expect your S.O. to get you something for mother's day?

and by S.O. i don't mean husband. i mean your boyfriend. i wouldn't expect my boyfriend to get me anything, especially because he's not the father of my son.

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 3:29 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well thats a no brainer, if he isn't your childs father then he shouldn't have to although if he is dating you then he should consider it. Why ask a question you know the answer to? If its a serious relationship and he is raising your son then he should take your son out to get your something.
    Anonymous

• hmmmm I think it depends on how long you have been together. You ARE a mom and it's a part of you and you are a part of his life. so yes I would expect at the least a card. I get my mommy friends a card mother's day is for all mamas.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 3:33 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I don't expect it but he recognizes it as my/his mother's day :-) We're just going to hang out and that's really about it. Hey, I'm cool with it as long as he's nice to me.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:41 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I don't think giving gifts should be restricted to the mom's children. If someone else wants to give a gift to a mom, then I don't see why not. Now would I EXPECT it? Probably not. My aunt gave me a Mother's day gift when I used to babysit my nieces on a regular basis because she said I basically took care of them like a mother would. SO and I aren't married but we've been together for 5 years. While a gift from him would be nice, I don't get upset if he doesn't get me anything. My son usually makes something for me at school and I'm satisfied with that!
    Anonymous

• I know I feel kind of weird my boyfriend of 7 months asked me what I wanted for mothers day. I told him that he did not have to get me something. Like it is not really his place to have to buy me something. I know that he will even thought I told him that he did not have too. He is a sweet heart
    rachel0226

Answer by rachel0226 at 3:42 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes I expect my so to get me something for Mother's Day. He is the father of our 10 month old. We are planning to go out for dinner, then I'm going to have a couple of hours to myself while he babysits our baby.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:51 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes, I'd expect something if he loved me. If I were a mother, no matter whose child, the guy who loved me would want to please me by getting me something in honor of the day. Maybe a small flower arrangement, or an evening out.

Answer by Bmat at 4:02 PM on May. 4, 2009

• No. I'm not his mother

Answer by admckenzie at 4:07 PM on May. 4, 2009

• yes he already has I picked it out a new ring and he bought it for me so he is going to give it to the kids to give to me. I think every mom should get something for mothers day
    princess_sjb

Answer by princess_sjb at 4:08 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I will get crepes, a latte and lotto tickets, I know it....been married 11 years.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:14 PM on May. 4, 2009