how do i deal with my emoitions going through a divorce

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• that's a weird question to ask ppl who have no idea what you situation is, find someone close to you to lend support
    Anonymous

• i dont know you're situation: why y'all divorced, but all I can say is take one day at a time. dont get your child(ren) pulled in the middle. have a strong head on your shoulders. when my parents divorced they were always bringing each other in court suing over something. lots of hatefully exchanged words, emotional and verbal abuse towards me and my sister, just terrible things. do you have a good lawyer? do you have family and friends nearby for support? support is very important! GL
    Anonymous

• Stay busy, plan for the future, stay away from sad songs and sad movies or anything that reminds you of him. Meet new people. Take a class. Do volunteer work. Network. Fill your life with positive things and let time heal these wounds

Answer by admckenzie at 4:16 PM on May. 4, 2009

• As the other poster said, don't pull your children into it no matter what their age. You can destroy their relationship with the other parent if you vent to them no matter who is at fault. Get counseling if you need it and have faith that you will someday get through it and be happy again. And as the other poster said - stay busy and find ways to be productive in positive activities. Try not to dwell too much on the negative.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 4:27 PM on May. 4, 2009