its strange,

my daughters friend at school told her that she she didnt have to play with her anymore and that she knew my daughter liked this other girl better,but this girl can have 2 girls besides my daughter to sleep over during the week end.its strange i know she is getting this from her mother,it seems as if this girl can play with who ever she wants but my daughter has to be exclusive to her?the mother is the same way and is teaching this to her daughter.i want everyone to just play with everyone and none of this you cant play with her stuff,but the mom who is in real control of the situation seems to be putting ideas into her daughters head who is only 10.what do?what to do?any ideas

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 3:44 PM on May. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Just tell your daughter she can be friends with whom ever she wants. If the other girl wants to be her friend as well then she will learn to play nicely with your daughter and her other friends. You could also tell the other girl that everyone is allowed to play and that no one has to be left out and that there is enough room for them all to be friends. Let them all know you must play nicely or they can't play at all. Speak with the other girls mother as well and if she can't see what she is doing then let the kids all play and if her daughter is being mean about your daughter having other friends then let her know she either needs to stop or go home.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:58 PM on May. 4, 2009