At a 6 wk ultrasound what will I be able to see?

As of today and by date of LMP I am 4 weeks exactly. I have my dr's appt on May 18th and they will do an ultrasound then. What can I expect to see? Will be able to hear the heartbeat? Will I find out if it's multiples?

DH and I waiting to "come out" about the baby since my last pregnancy resulted in a horrible miscarriage. We want to make sure the sea monkey is progressing fine and everything is healthy. Then when we have the ultrasound pics I want to mail one to his parents in AZ and give one to my folks.

This pregnancy is different then when I carried my son. I have hardly any nausea, no throwing up at all but my face is breaking out a little. I'm not super tired so I am hoping everything is going well.

Baby dust to all trying for a baby.

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 3:44 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know with my daughter who is three now all i could see was yolk sac or what they call it and like the others said a little peanut looking thing. i think you'll be fine this time around because i'm hoping i'm preggo but i'm not having any symptoms either no really sore boobs or nausea. I"M like you my face is breaking out a little though and some cramping off and on every once in a while....oh and headaches thats it so maybe thats a good thing maybe you won't get morning sickness with this one. gl
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 4:40 PM on May. 4, 2009

• You wont hear the heart beat they might see it but you can't hear it. It will look like a little peanut shell. They will know if your having more than 1 at that time but it won't look like a baby. All I saw at 9 weeks was the lines going up and down for our daughters heart beat and she looked like a peanut. GL
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:46 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Maybe the gestational sac but not much of anything.
    Anonymous

• i had an u/s at 6 weeks, they do it vaginally and all you can see is the heartbeat, it looks like a little dot
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:47 PM on May. 4, 2009

• The ultrasound will pick up the heartbeat. You can't see much at only 6 weeks.  Here is a link to what my ultrasound with my first son looked like at 6 weeks:  http://images2.cafemom.com/images/user/gallery/569734_1189169355_med.jpg

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 3:52 PM on May. 4, 2009