Personal question

Me and my SO never have "us" time. Meaning we don't ever have time for sex. He's getting frustrated and so am I. He leaves at 6:30 AM for work, doesn't get home til 5:00 PM then it's all day with our son. The baby doesn't go down for bed til ten and by then, we're both tired and he needs to get up early so we can't stay up. I think that's why we're having issues in our relationship. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Put the baby down earlier.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 3:46 PM on May. 4, 2009

• ya i agree with dawpea or get a baby sitter and a night at the holiday inn...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 3:51 PM on May. 4, 2009

• 10 is very late for a baby, in my humble opinion. 7 for a young baby, 8 for an older child.

Answer by Bmat at 3:51 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Our daughter is almost 8 months and is in bed no later than 9 pm. She naps and we have the weekends with each other. If its important to you then you will find time. Put the baby to bed earlier. Even if it means you have to change your daily routine and nap times. You will have more time if you get the baby to bed by 8 or 9.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:53 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My SO doesn't want him down til 10 because he's afraid he'll wake up in the night. I think it's stupid. Yes, the baby makes up for it by sleeping late but still, we need us time. Our relationship is at risk because of it.
    Anonymous

• maybe try to put your baby down for bed earlier? it takes a while to readjust sleep routines, but it can work. does he work 7 days a week? if he has a day off at all, maybe try having a romantic time while the baby naps or have a friend/family member watch the baby for a little while so you both can go out to eat or maybe catch a movie?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:54 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I'm pretty much in the same boat as for as the too tired no time for sex. My 3 month old still eats every four hours and even if he sleeps till 7am, my 5yr old is up at 6am every morning. Most days I'm just too tired and so is he. He works from 6am till 9pm and I work on the weekends. Right now making ends meet is more important than sex. Just remember that things change, your baby won't always go to sleep at that time and the older they get the more they sleep consecutively. Good Luck!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:05 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Well my husband and I have completely different schedules - he works night shift and I work days and then of course the kids go to bed between 8 & 9 and he leaves for work around 10 so we don't have a lot of time. We either put them to bed right at 8 on the days he is working just so we can have our time b/c he works in the same town we live in or on the weekends when he is working the kids take naps or if they are gone somewhere we take that time and use it wisely. Then of course the 2 days he is off which are week nights that I have to get up at 6 the next morning we use too. I just learn to get less sleep b/c that is my time with him. I would rather be up all night with him than not making love at all. I know you are tired but think of the reward and how good you feel and so forth. It is definately worth it to me.
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 4:11 PM on May. 4, 2009

• set the alarm and get up earlier to do the do

Answer by admckenzie at 4:13 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Here it is: babies will wake up during the night, little kids will wake up during the night, ADULTS will wake up during the night. Each for their own reason. Your guy will have to get over it! Get the baby on a schedule that puts him/her down about 8p/9p. Sure, you will probably be getting up during the night to put him/her back to sleep but you will get much needed time with your guy.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 4:14 PM on May. 4, 2009