Do you believe?

Do you believe in second chances? Have you something in your past or the past of a loved one that was a mistake but you/they have been given a second chance to make it right. Do you believe in forgiveness? Where do you draw the line. If a person is a drunk driver, a bank robber, a rapist, do these people deserve a second chance. What about if they were just crappy parents or commited petty theft? Do they deserve a second chance after paying their debt in jail? I think forgiveness is going out of style. I think once labled something you are stuck and people look down on others. I think it is so easy to judge or make blanket statements about people. Do you consider yourself a forgiving person, really when push comes to shove do your actions speak of forgiveness or do you tend to do the "one and done" mentality.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would consider myself a forgiving person, BUT I haven't been in a situation were my forgiving nature has truly been tested. I would hope that if something were to happen to my family or involved my family that I could forgive. But just because I forgive someone, DOES NOT mean I forget, and/or that the person should not be punished for the wrong that they have done.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 4:18 PM on May. 4, 2009

• There is no such thing as a true second chance. No matter what that person did, you can forgive them and move on, but it's always going to be there in your head. And every time they screw up in the smallest way you will wonder if you made the right choice. The only way to have a true second chance is to erase history... And as far as I know that's not possible, yet.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:50 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I agree with SabrinaMBowen.^
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:52 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes, Sabrina has a very wise response. I can't add to it.

Answer by Bmat at 3:53 PM on May. 4, 2009

• IF SOMEONE MURDERED MY CHILD NO WAY, YOU WOULD NEVER FORGIVE THAT.
    Anonymous