never baptized?

my brother and i were never baptized.my mother thought that you didnt need to be baptized to get into heaven.well my brother has since passed away and i had a reading and they told me he was in heaven,but it took him a while to get there cause he was kind of naughty.any thoughts?i am protestant my husband is catholic.we have had the kids all baptized catholic...but it doesnt matter to either of us/what do you think?

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 3:49 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think God sees the heart and if he was a believer in what happened on the cross as payment for his sins and prayed for God to save him; then I know God will save him. Look at the man on the cross he did not get baptized either and he was going to Paradise with Jesus.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 4:09 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Baptism is IMO purley a symbol for the physical world and is not needed to prove anything to God.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 4:25 PM on May. 4, 2009

• As long as you believe in God and ask his forgiveness of your sins you will go to heaven.It has nothing to do with being baptized.You just need to acept God in your life and your heart.Being baptized does not keep people from sinning or doing things that can keep them from heaven.Just as if a person commits suicide they are to go to hell because they took there own life,but thats only in certain religions.
    bratzmommy

Answer by bratzmommy at 4:46 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I think, in order to be perfectly just, God has provided a way for people to accept baptism, even after death.
    Anonymous