Arguing with the tea party goers?

Would be something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Hahahahaha!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:57 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Sigh..............
    Anonymous

• I don't know. I wouldn't waste my time arguing with them.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 5:02 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I was just thinking it was an arguement I would hear between Repubs and Dems. Neither side has an intelligent arguement. As a Libertarian I find it pathetic and not funny like the skit.
    Anonymous

• It's a funny skit.

I am a tea party goer, and I've heard the leaders of the tea party coalition have extended an invite to Obama to fulfill his promise to sit down and have a conversation with them about government spending.

Right now, what interests me most is if Obama will keep his word and have this meeting, and even give a chance for an "argument" to happen.

We shall have to wait and see.
    Anonymous

• Why does it have to be an argument? Why can't people talk and debate? Why does it have to be just one persons way? Why do the tea party goers have to be bashed? The efforts they put out there benefit ALL of us. Regardless of your political party, the current events and taxes and debt should be a concern. Unless of course you are making so much money that it just doesn't concern you.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 7:27 PM on May. 4, 2009

• jesse... Why argue? I thought we live in a democracy where people are encouraged to practice freedom of assembly and have an opinion without fear of persecution. As a people, we use to live by the code of not agreeing with opinion but defending to the death the right to have that opinion. Now, we are entering an age where "different" opinions are bad and must be dealt with. Lenin, Stalin, and Pol Pot did this.Remember? Several millions were killed. Remember? Some were killed because they had an education. Remember? Please, please, please, remember and don't do it yet again!!!

gay pride ribbon

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:23 PM on May. 4, 2009

• op here-

I was just being silly. I didn't really mean to get anyone angry. My only real point is that this is all that these debates seem to accomplish. No one is actually interested in getting the opposing point of view. They just want to beat others with their own beliefs. I mean that on both sides, not just against tea party people.

I honestly don't get why people are so mad about paying taxes. They maybe don't like having police officers, roads, bridges, schools, and in some places sanitation.
    Anonymous

• But at least in real political discussion we can say more than "no it's not." :)

I'm rather glad for the mind stretch that a good political discussion gives.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:34 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I don't mind paying my taxes. I just mind feeling like I try to support the entire country all by myself sometimes. There are too many people out there who don't pay taxes and get angry when the tax payers complain. Get a job and own some real estate that is taxed. Then you will see this from the other side of the debate.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:16 PM on May. 5, 2009