A question for my fellow Pagans:

Does anyone else feel the need to laugh maniacally anytime you hear someone make some crazy-ass claim about their magical abilities?
A few examples of some I've heard personally (and please feel free to share the ones you've heard!)

"I'm the Lost Child of Avalon"
"I'm part werewolf/vampire"
"I'm decended from (_insert god/goddess here_)"
"I was (_insert famous historical figure here_)"
"I can command dragons to appear at will"

paganmom05

Asked by paganmom05 at 4:06 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Look sister, I comman dragons too but I'm usually PMS. It is ridiculous!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:10 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I haven't heard of these, but I would surely have my tongue in-cheek after hearing those...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:13 PM on May. 4, 2009

• yea, it is hard not to laugh. Witchcraft does not work that way. I find people who are pagan tend to fall into two groups. People who are quite about their faith and people who tend to be off the handle a bit. I know it is a little judgmental.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 4:16 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I know I would be considered rude because I would bust out laughing to their face....LOL
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:17 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Nah I think you have the jest of it. I have seen people take it over the top. I know some people that wear ritual clothing every day. Hello the Lord of the Rings called and they want their clothes back..LOL
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:19 PM on May. 4, 2009

• pnwmom... you would too...LOL...

What's funny thou I can only imagine that they are totally serious about it too and think you mad for laughing at them...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:19 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Come one.. doesn't anyone have any good claims to add?? They're better than jokes!
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 4:21 PM on May. 4, 2009

• The ritual clothing every day thing would drive me nuts. There is a reason why we wear or (not wear any )different cloths for rituals.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 4:22 PM on May. 4, 2009

• they are the people that give the rest of us made names.
    fireball1978

• I think what's worse is some of the younger people, they claim to be so & so and say it the loudest without a clue as to what they are actually talking about...
    Or become mad at you when you question it...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:27 PM on May. 4, 2009