Why is it wrong for a Christian to masterbate or use sex toys ?

So here is the background. This is a really serious question to help me understand other's beliefs. I just had a discussion with a Christian woman who told me that it is wrong for Christians to masterbate or use sex toys. She thinks it is wrong to go to Passion Parties or other adult parties. When I asked her why she told me "Because it is wrong." That is not an answer. So now I am seeking an answer. So please help me out here. I appreciate it.

MawagaMom

Asked by MawagaMom at 4:06 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know the bible all the way or even half of the way but I don't know that there is any where in the bible that says it is wrong. I am a Christian and I do use toys and I don't think I am in the wrong or I am sinning. Now if someone can show me scripture then I will read it and pray about it but until then I think it is just personal opinions.
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 4:19 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I do not think it is wrong unless you use it to avoid your partner!
    Anonymous

• Although, I don't agree, my understanding is that masturabation (with or without the use of toys) is wrong because the person is "lusting". I don't see how that would apply to using toys with ones spouse but, I have heard Christians both for and against the use of toys in the marital bed. I don't have an issue with either, so beyond that, I'm probably not much help :)

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 4:23 PM on May. 4, 2009

• IMO if god only wanted you to enjoy sex with your husband; and not also by yourself, then you would not have the ability to reach orgasm without a penis/penetration. And since many women need "hands on" stimulation; even while with their husbands, then I don't think bringing yourself to an orgasm would be considered sinful.

If god didn't want you to enjoy your body to the fullest (both with a partner AND by yourself) then he would've just given us mating seasons like the animals. Especially since humans are able to connect on an emotional level without sex. That IMO, proves that god WANTS you to enjoy all aspects of sex and masturbation. God gave you a clit for a reason! Divine planning (if you believe in that) at its finest!

As for sex toys, IMO god sees those as fun things to play with (hence the word toys..lol) and I don't think s/he minds. God made sexual things fun for a reason, he wants you to enjoy it!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:16 PM on May. 4, 2009

• It's based on the adage in the scripture that a husband and wife should cleave unto one another, and none other...including themselves.

Many don't think it's wrong under mutual intimacy of husband and wife, but other than that, it's "cleaving unto another."

I personally wouldn't want to go to a sex-toy party, because I just don't like that locker-room talk scenario.
    Anonymous

• i feel before marriage it is wrong. unless you can mastrubate/use a toy with out lusting after someone...however once a person is married.... one can freely lust after that spouse. my hubby is in the navy and tends to be gone for up to half the year. soo i use toys and masturbate, but only think of him when doing it. i see nothing wrong with it. i believe toys can be beneficial! and can bring a couple closer. sex even in marriage can be controversial. there are alot of people who believe anal sex and oral sex is a sin. its another issue that is left to personal interpretation and conviction. i agree with the PP who said as long as you arent using a toy to avoid the hubby:) it's not right(IMO) to deprive a spouse..anywho, as to the parties, i have been to many, and there are some companies that are trashy, that i wont do again, and others that are very tasteful. they explain the item, (cont............
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 10:02 PM on May. 4, 2009

• and MAYBE have "testimonials" from satisfied client, and the orders are taken in private(passion parties) if you arent comfortable with a party, you can always order online:) i believe there is nothing wrong with talking about sex. granted i am not going to post OMG my hubby did A, B, and C to me and it was______ and OMG! you know. i do however ask my bff when i am having problems, some stuff on prego sex, and advice. as to some of the prudes, all i got to say is God put the book of solomen in the Bible for a reason:D
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 10:06 PM on May. 4, 2009

• The clitoris is the ONLY body part on ANY animal (including humans) that has no purpose other than being an area of highly concentrated nerves and giving pleasure. Obviously, if you want to go the God route, if He didn't want you to use it, He wouldn't have given you it.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 12:27 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Bible thumpers are funny.

If you are using it together cause it enhances its no problem. But to depend on it would be against Doctrine(mind washing) because in essence you are not using your man.

There are medical problems(and God knows this) that warrant use of toys, Bible thumpers sometimes don't stop to think about the personal relationships people have with God, or if they even someone may have these medical implications.

God is your judge. If you know him and you feel your soul; then you should naturally know whats right and wrong.

Enjoying something with hubby is absolutely warranted.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• See www.thepurebed.com.
    Angebor

Answer by Angebor at 8:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2010