Do you ever feel bad for being a meat eater?

I am a vegetarian, but sometimes I start to crave meat. Then I think of the animals and it keeps me from eating it again. Do you ever feel bad? I have nothing against meat eaters and not trying to bash or start drama I am only curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Health

• Nope. You are killing veggies too and taking away insects food, as well as birds and other animals
    Anonymous

• Yes.Not only for the killing another living creature part,but also the whole diease part too.
    leo72482

Answer by leo72482 at 4:15 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i was a vegetarian for 13 years. but once I moved to s. Ga it was hard. If someone offered me food and meat was all they had i felt weird refusing. so I said a prayer to the animal and had me a meal. I felt sick to my stomach only one time. at a cafe a friend of mine who was new to the place gave me "vegan lentil" soup which had chicken in it? nope it was the wrong soup. I got sick in their bathroom. my friend felt so bad! but anyways, yes I do feel bad sometimes now that I'm now longer a dedicated vegetarian. but I try to stay with local or organic meat
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:17 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I like beans! but preggo people need meat and fat for babies brain development
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 4:25 PM on May. 4, 2009

• No, I don't eat alot of meat.
    Anonymous

• 2mothershelpers, NO ONE needs meat, pregnant or not.

That said, I was vegetarian for 5 years, then stopped, but haven't gone back to it. At some point, I will. Yes, I feel bad about it. We have other options, and the way "food" animals are treated in this country is horrendous and cruel.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 5:20 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Nope I am a meat eater. After watching this crazy how meat was made movie in health class in HS i was anti meat and poultry, but that faded away after three months. I craved burgers so much.  www.RamblingsOFaSAHM.com

Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 5:59 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Meat is bad for people and bad for the planet. I keep a stash of morningstar mini corn dogs and chef max boca burgers for when those cravings hit. The lightlife BBQ "beef" is mind-blowing!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 PM on May. 4, 2009