PLEASE Help Me!

Okay, my 23 month old still uses a bottle (water only). I know, it is horrible of me so please do not bash....Please!

Well, she managed to bite a hole in the nipple last night. I replaced it with the exact same new nipple except that this nipple is white and not brown. OMG, she came unglued on me and refused to accept it. I went to walmart today (5 hours of crying last night and continuous crying all morning was too much on my nerves) and bought a brown nipple. She has refused it also and is continuing to throw HUGE fits.

I am taking this as a sign to throw the dang bottle away. How long will her fits last? Days, weeks, years (lol)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It will pass. To help, you might take her to the store and let her pick out a "my bottle broke" stuffed animal buddy. Also, show her how things break and can't be fixed - break a pencil, break a cracker, it might take several things but it might help her understand too.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:43 PM on May. 4, 2009

• The fits will only last a few days. I think it's a good idea to just get rid of the bottles.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 4:18 PM on May. 4, 2009

• get rid of the bottle, and if she throws a fit keep her in her room until she's done. make sure there's nothing in there she can hurt herself with first.
    Anonymous

• once my daughter bit a hole in her bottle it was gone try getting the sippy cups with the soft tops they feel like the bottle does but then move her to the regular cups they soft toped cups can be just as bad as the bottle is wat the dentist told me
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 4:22 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Length of fits is largely determined but just how stubborn she can be! However, it's the right thing to do and she will get over it. Try distracting her with other things during times you know she'll be looking for it. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• make a deal with her give her a sippy during the day and at night before bed tell her you'll let her a bottle if she wants one' But only before bed remember. keep her on the sippy cup during the day That worked for me with my daughter and soon after that she wanted no more to do with the bottle.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 5:07 PM on May. 4, 2009

• just throw the bottle away hon. the kid will cry for a day or two then forget about it.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:52 PM on May. 4, 2009