fire ant bites

my 2year old was bitten by fire ants today, not bad i only found 3 bites. i have been reading that they are going to start getting very itchy and it is very important not to scratch as it will break open and get infected. if any one out there has any advice on how to help him i would be so grateful.

Dheidl_2

Asked by Dheidl_2 at 4:23 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Health

• Last year I put Neosporan (sp??) plus pain relief and bandages on my son's ankle. It worked perfect!! If I remember I had to do it for about a week, maybe a little less.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 4:25 PM on May. 4, 2009

• wash with soap and put under cold running water! i got bit badly the other day after unknowingly stepping onto a nest barefoot. SO told me to wash with soap and put under cold running water and I felt so much better. no itching or swelling at all! neosporin afterwards is a very good idea!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:27 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Peroxide on a cotton ball. I am so alergic to those darn ants! I end up in the er for steriod shots and an IV. So watch out for major swelling and if she wont drink anything take her to the ER and have them check her. www.RamblingsOFaSAHM.com

Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 5:57 PM on May. 4, 2009