Help......Custody Issues....

I don't know where the best place to post this is....So I am gonna try to make this where everyone can follow it. My DD's Sperm Donor, is deploying in June. He gave his GF power of attorney. She now says when he deploys she is going to take me to court. Can she get custody of my daughter? Can she even do anything? DD's sperm donor sees her twice a month, why do they want to take her away from me? I am a SAHM to give her the best life, I do everything to take care of her. (She's only 6 months). My BF is her "daddy". She doesn't even know who her Sperm Donor is because he never comes and sees her. Can they do anything?

Sparta.

Asked by Sparta. at 4:27 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Paying support of any kind shows responsibility on his part and shows he claims her as his....to a court that means he has the right to visitation if he wants it, sucks, but unless you are breastfeeding and you have a judge that understands that, they can force visitation....
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:51 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Even if she is power of attorney I can't see ANY judge awarding CUSTODY to a GF while the father isn't even around especially without just cause. I wouldn't worry, she's probably just trying to scare you!
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 4:31 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I dont' think she has a chance of custody. Don't be scared.
    Anonymous

• You have had sole custody since birth, unless they can prove you unfit they can't take custody away from you, as far as visitation, he could have it granted but if hes not there she wouldn't leave you for any time til he came home for sure...oh and in many states unless he pays child support including back child support he gets no visitation
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 5:08 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Tabi-
    I am in WA she was born in OK.
    He difdn't pay anything the first 3 months, but has since....
    Would hee still get no visitation?
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 5:59 PM on May. 4, 2009

• There is a group called custody issues!! I just found them myself! If you can't find them, feel free to go to my page to get to them!! I hope that helps, and good luck! I don't think the GF stands a chance!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 8:15 PM on May. 4, 2009