Nighttime feeding

My son is almost a month old. He is waking up every 2.5 hrs to eat. Is this normal? I thought he would be sleeping a little more during the night by now.
Is there anything I can do to make him sleep 4 hrs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, that is normal!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:33 PM on May. 4, 2009

• perfectly normal! the tummy is still very small. if your baby wakes up hungry, dont hesitate to feed him! it wont create a bad habit and it wont last forever. my son self weaned off nighttime feedings when he was about 10 months old! dont offer cereal before bedtime, it doesnt work and isnt healthy for babies that young. if you nurse, try nursing him right before laying him down.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:34 PM on May. 4, 2009

• this is normal, and get used to it!
    Anonymous

• Yep totally normal, besides your only supposed to let newborns sleep for 2-3 hours at a time. If they sleep more than that they can get stuck in a sleepy type state and dont feed. So every 2.5 hours is good! I know its rough but power through it you'll be ok. Its rough but just get some one to watch him for a few hours a day and take advantage of sleeping when he does I know its rough but you'll be ok.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 4:40 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My daugter is going to be a month old on wednesday! She wakes up every 2.5 hrs as well. I give her formula at night (I usually breastfeed) to keep her full longer to help her sleep. Other than that just give it a few more months and you'll get some sleep!! GL!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 8:13 PM on May. 4, 2009