Will I still be a good mom....

I cant STAND other peoples kids...especially my boyfriends sisters. I think its because when I tell them to stop or NO they dont listen..theyre so spoiled and I just want to smack them sometimes (but I dont) its frustrating because there mom doesnt do anything about it. But its not JUST them. Are all kids like that or have I only met kids like that? Will I be a good mom even though Ive never found I kid a can stand? I dont think my kid will be spoiled so will they act different the way I see it is im an adult (almost) and theyre still the little kid and they need to listen. Does this all even make sence?

hug4akiss

Asked by hug4akiss at 4:37 PM on May. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes im the same way. but its different when its your own kid. you will have more tolerance
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:40 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Nope LOL, yes it does, I know excatly what your saying, I know ppl who kids are like that!!!! But you can always put up with your own kids!!! GL!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 4:42 PM on May. 4, 2009

• It is different when you have your own kids, BUT what you will also find is that what you once believed to spoiled or unruly isn't the same any more. Your kids will open your eyes and when you go out, instead of looking at a mom like "why can't you get your kid under control", you'll be thinking "I have been there done that, good luck momma". Your perspective will change!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 5:12 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i dont think your perspective will change , mine didnt
    even though i have 2 kids almost 3 and 9 months i still cant believe the way some ppl let their kids behave in public.. if mine act out once they get a very stern warning nad then if they do it again we leave.. no matter what...
    im a mom and i cant stand when kids act out.. public is not the place for misbehaving kids..
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:23 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I know EXACTLY what you mean! I have 3 kids but when it comes to certain other kids, I'm like "Ugh" Just this weekend, SO's mom and little sister came into town for a dinner we had. I handed the little sister's friend a plate and she politely said "Thank you." but SO's sister literally grabbed the plate out of my hand and walked away! I'm sorry but sometimes I feel like smacking her and her mom does nothing when she is being rude.
    Anonymous

• haha thanks you all made me feel alot better..
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 7:37 PM on May. 4, 2009

• You can still be a good mom. There are many kids that I can't stand but I love my son to death and I can be with him all the time. It's different with your own kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:06 PM on May. 4, 2009