I need some help

I am 36 weeks pregnant so my nerves are shot anyway! I also have a 5 year old who will be 6 soon and a 2 year old. how can i make my 5 year listen to me. i am a stayat home mom so my husben is gone all day. when my oldest is at school my 2 year old listens then when she gets home from school she starts miss behaving and guess what so does my 2 year old. i try talking to my oldest and it never works we always end up in a yelling match and i can't take it! now that i have another on on the way what can i do to make her see that i need her to behave so that the rest will and it would help me out so much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on May. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• What does she do when you put her in time out for yelling at you? I am guessing you have used time out?
    Anonymous

• yeah she just crys and when she gets out its just a little bit and she is back to it
    littlemoma520

Answer by littlemoma520 at 5:00 PM on May. 4, 2009

• We try so hard to abide by the no yelling rule in my home. I'm not saying it always works, but if you can both try talking to each other at a normal volume, it helps. When my daughter was that age, I would tell her that she needed to speak to me, not yell at me and use big girl words to tell me what was bothering her. If she couldn't do that, then she went to her room until she was ready to try again. Yes, sometimes it resulted in screaming and door slamming, but slowly, over years, it has improved.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 7:16 PM on May. 4, 2009

• when my five year old wants to talk back or cry i make her sit in her room alone without doing anything until she is ready to behave. I tell her to go to her room until she is done because nodody wants to listen to her cry.
    Haven_Doug1013

Answer by Haven_Doug1013 at 10:53 PM on May. 4, 2009