I know its our decision but I have to ask!

My son is 5 months, & I want another child! My hubby doesn't mind either! But do you think its too soon! I mean come on now, I know ppl ask this all the time, but hey isn't what this site is for, help n support LOL......I want one I want one LOL, I know I can handle it I mean if I get prego now, my son will be around 15 months, too soon?

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 4:39 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• God gives you these desires in your heart for a reason. Talk to him. He will give you the answer. I say that children who are close together always fight but they always end up the best of friends as well.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 5:09 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I had my first 2 21 months apart, my third was born 3 years later...I preferred the 3 year gap, it worked better with potty training being totally done, the 3 year old could really do alot on his own that a child 2 or under can't
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 4:42 PM on May. 4, 2009

• can you financially do it? if you can, then i say go for it. i personally could not handle another right now and my son is 2. they get to be a handful and into everything. its pretty hard just having one. but if you can do it, then good luck :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:42 PM on May. 4, 2009

• me personally,..id give the first child more timeby himself first.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 4:44 PM on May. 4, 2009

• from my experience (mine are 21 months apart) i think it is a lot to handle. if you think you can handle it then go for it. ultimately it is your decision. it is a lot of extra work. taking care of a five month might seem like a walk in the park at times but as he gets older it gets harder. don't get me wrong i love both of my kids just the same and i wouldn't take them back for anything. but i do wish i had waited until my son was like 4 or 5 years old like i had planned. but like i said if you think you can handle it go right ahead and if you need help later we (CafeMom members) are here to help. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:45 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I wish you luck... my sister and i are 16 months apart. We fought a lot growing up, but i thikn it was just that she is fiercely competitive not so much our age difference.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 4:45 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I have four sons. we wanted ours close together. My first two are exactly 23 months the middle two are twenty two months. And my last two are fifteen months. My last two were the most challenging for the longest. But it is better now. They are 2 and 1. But those nights when they both wanted mom and one on the boob and one with a sippy cup and rocking oooooooooooooooo glad they are older now! But to me two years apart is perfect!! I hope this helps but 15 months is just toooo close for me they are both babies. Goodluck!! Let me know what you deciede if you have questions just ask me.

http://www.sarahs4sweetboys.com
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 4:46 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My Emma is almost 8 months old and I just took a pregnancy test that had a light line so I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant but will re-test in a few days. So they will be right around 16 + months apart.. and this is how I wanted it! It is your decision hun..good luck
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 5:19 PM on May. 4, 2009

• mine are 26 months apart, i dont think i could have done it if they were any closer!!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:20 PM on May. 4, 2009

• If you are both wanting another one right away then go for it.
    LunasMama

Answer by LunasMama at 5:23 PM on May. 4, 2009