WEDDING

I AM GETTING MARRIED IN AUGUST TO A LUAU THEME IS THERE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN THINK OF THAT I COULD ADD TO THE WEDDING... IT IS MEANT TO BE FUN FOR EVERYONE AND I WANT IT TO BE THE ONE EVERYONE REMEMBERS WHAT WOULD YOU ADD... LIKE DECORATIONS AND STUFF

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 4:44 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OMG i would do tiki torches along the aisle that you walk down. have everyone wear lays (sp?-the flower necklaces), finger foods to the theme (tropical fruit), drinks that are tropical, a hula contest, grass skirts at the reception (i dont know how big the wedding is). i could keep coming up with stuff if you want. :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:52 PM on May. 4, 2009

• YEA TOTALY ANY THING HELPS ITS AROUND 70PPL I LOVE IDEAS
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 4:57 PM on May. 4, 2009

• coconut shelled candles, orchids for flowers, or tiger lilies, let the women guests tuck an orchid behind their ear. you can use tiki torches. that really sets the mood for a luau wedding. if you like these ideas let me know i can give you more ideas. ( I am actually in the process of studying to be a wedding planner).
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:57 PM on May. 4, 2009

• You could do a signature cocktail. Something fruity and that is garnished with fresh fruit. Then offer a virgin option of the same drink for the party goers that are not interested in imbibing.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:58 PM on May. 4, 2009

• ANY IDEAS YALL HAVE I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 4:58 PM on May. 4, 2009

• oh you are so lucky that sounds like so much fun. is your wedding going to be on a beach-where are we doing this so i can try to picture it in my head.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:59 PM on May. 4, 2009

• ACTUALLLY HIS MOTHERS BACK YARD BUT ITS PERFECT SHE IS GING TO PLANT NICE FLOWERS IT IS A RECTANGULAR YARD HALF GRASS HALF CONCRETE AND FENCED
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 5:02 PM on May. 4, 2009

• it would be perfect if you have it at night. (as the sun sets) so you could have the tiki torches glowing. line each side of the aisle with grass liner and place your tiki torches all the way down your aisle. let the flower girl through the orchids as flower petals. your colors could be yellow and purple. beautiful for a luau wedding. and of course you will have your greenery with your grass. if you mother in law would allow it then see if you can use a portion of her lawn to put down sand. (just a suggestion) your table centerpieces could be miniature palm trees. use pineapple and coconuts as fruit and you can also use coconut shells for as i said early candles and for bowls. there are numerous things you can do. and be creative with it.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 5:15 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Limbo is always a hit if you got alchol to help fuel the fun.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:16 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Lei's, buried pig, fire eaters, grass skirts and hula dancing.

Flowered shirts and dresses.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:25 PM on May. 4, 2009