What would you do if you saw friends of your teens buying drugs? Would you stop them? Would you confront them? Tell their parents?

Vanessannd

Asked by Vanessannd at 4:59 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i would drug test my kid for sure. i wouldnt let my child hang out with a crowd like that. "You are judged by the company you keep"-your kid could get into trouble and not be doing drugs. i have been down that road and i dont want my kid going down it if i can help it. but he is 2 so i have a while before that. :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:02 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I would tell their parents if i knew them if not then i would confront them and most likely hold them until i could get the police there. I think that the sooner they learn how wrong it is the better. I would also explain to my child/children why they will not be allowed to hang out with them anymore.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 5:03 PM on May. 4, 2009

• first I would forbid my teen from being friends with them and move heaven and earth to enforce it. Second, I'd confront their parents with it. Then drug test my own child.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:10 PM on May. 4, 2009

• eh, I'd bust them out in the middle of the buy, tell their parents and ask my kid if he was doing it too.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:13 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Well as a teen I was in that kind of situation. I was humliated when my parents confronted my friends parents. I had some what of a hard time with my peers after that. But I am glad my parents were there for me. I personally would try to notify the parents without letting them know who I was. I would forbid my child from seeing these kids again. I would have a drug test and set strict rules that will be enforced or there will be hell to pay.
    Anonymous

• I would ask them what was going on. Then Id contact their parents and let them deal with it from that point on.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:24 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Am I friends with the parents? If so, I would tell. This is too important. I would want to be told. I can't take care of my child if I don't know everything. I know it might cause hard feelings, but you are better received if you aren't one to call and complain about everything their child has ever done and said.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:28 PM on May. 4, 2009