napping

It is getting harder for me to get my little girl to take a nap now. She was taking two naps a day and now it's hard for me to even to get her to take one. How many naps should a 9 month old take now? should i still try to give her 2 naps or just one nap a day now?

newmomof08

Asked by newmomof08 at 5:07 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I agree with musicpisces. At that age, they need at least one nap. Children don't always know what they need...that's why they have parents! But, you can look for cues that she is tired, and put her down for a nap as soon as possible. Some cues are: rubbing eyes, yawning, fussiness, wanting to lay head on your chest.

See if you can identify a general pattern, and work from there. If she seems to be getting sleepy at around 12pm every day, for example, set her naptime for 12pm-ish everyday. Her little body will soon get used to napping at the same time everyday if you're consistent.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:55 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I wou;d say let her sleep when she is tierd
    QuintinsMom520

Answer by QuintinsMom520 at 5:45 PM on May. 4, 2009

• She may be ready to lose that second nap. but she definitely needs at least one. One book that helped us with bedtimes (and naps) is "The No Cry Sleep Solution." I'm not a CIO mom, so this gave me some good suggestions. Sometimes, my son really doesn't stick with the times he generally takes his naps, but he'll go down eventually. Just look for those cues, and work your magic. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:09 PM on May. 4, 2009