What is it called when you believe you lay out your own life before you are born?

You decide everything that happens to you. Does anyone here believe this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Charting. Yes, I do.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 5:22 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Charting or Ive heard some call it an outline.
    I believe in it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:26 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Where can I find out more about this?
    Anonymous

• Search for Gnostic religion. I know we believe that we all chart our lives out before we come here. You can also look at some of Sylvia Brown's books (I can hear the boo's now). She is the one who turned me onto the idea.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:59 PM on May. 4, 2009

• "You can also look at some of Sylvia Brown's books (I can hear the boo's now). She is the one who turned me onto the idea."

I <3 Sylvia Browne     :)

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:49 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes. It's called Charting and yes, I believe we do this before coming into life. Love, love, love Sylvia Browne. I swear she saved me from something awful!!

I think it's the ONLY thing that has ever made any sense to me. It means that WE chose to experience the things that we have gone through, not that God is "testing" us or that we did something horribly wrong at one time or another and God is "punishing" us. That's why we have the "ah ha!" moments of "Hey, I know you" or "I swear I've done this before" or "NOW I totally understand why that happened..."

Feel free to PM me if you have questions!!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:42 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yep yep charting. One of my dearest friends reads these charts. Even she will tell you not everything is revealed on them, but she has read all four of my kids and myself. Mine is dead on for things that have happened to me until now so I won't be surprised if the rest of it follows suit in the future.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:25 PM on May. 4, 2009

• not bashing in any way, honestly curious. Why would people choose to be addicted to drugs, murder or be murdered, be abused, molested, et al? I used to think maybe charting was possible, without realizing it's an actual belief lol, but after the way my life has unfolded, why the hell would I purposely choose certain events?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on May. 5, 2009

• There is apparently a lesson your spirit felt that is needed to learn by living your life the way it is. Not everything can be learned living an easy life.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:08 AM on May. 5, 2009

• To answer your question, Anon, some things - like alcohol addiction or drug addiction - is the result of someone "going astray" or from having too many lives too close together. Not everything is written in our charts. We have some "vertical movement" within our time line. But yes, some of the other things that you mentioned are SOMETIMES hard lessons that we have chosen to experience and grow from.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:17 AM on May. 5, 2009