Deep fryer

Does anyone have a deep fryer?? If so what do you use it for, I got one today for fries, my kids love french fries at Burger King and I cant affored to go out all the time and get them so I figured we could make them at home. Please give me some cool ideas that I could make in it for my kids that they would love. Thank you

my4kids97

Asked by my4kids97 at 5:23 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• fried icecream-i have the recipe if you want it. its soooo good and would be a fun treat
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:24 PM on May. 4, 2009

• chicken nuggets and corn dogs
    moodish

Answer by moodish at 5:29 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My 22 yr old is on his Second 'Fry Daddy" they use it for everything from fish, to corn dogs, hush puppies, onion rings and fries. They also make sopapillias with it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:31 PM on May. 4, 2009

• What they said..^^^^^

Nuggets,fries,corn dogs,fish, hushpuppies......Gotta love a Fry Daddy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:47 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i use mine for fries, sweet and sour pork, hasbrowns, i love it, i have yet to try some onion rings, BUT i will be doing that soon! i love my deep fryer. Oh and i've tried all hte french fries at walmart, and they all have this greasy taste to them, so oddly enough, the cheapest ones i could find, from my local dollar tree store, ($1 for a pretty big bag) are the best ones out there! Good luck, i would definately invest, but you have to remember, they aren't goign to taste like burger king.
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 6:06 PM on May. 4, 2009

• you can also deep fry tortillas to make chips. so many things you can do!
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 6:07 PM on May. 4, 2009

• MMMM deep fryer..seriously what cant ya fry??

My favorite is dougnuts.You take biscuit dough and tear a hole in each one and deep fry them until golden brown roll them in a cinnimon sugar mixture.I strongly suggest doing this in fresh oil.

Walmart has awsome catfish!

I also cut chickn breast into pieces and bred them in flour or bred crumbs.You can either serve them like that or add it to something.Floured pieces are good in hot sauce,salads etc. Bread crumb chicken is good in chicken parmesean or other italian dishes.

Blooming onions,mushrooms and eggs rolls are awsome too!

OHH I almost forgot,my favorite is cheese sticks..http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fried-Mozzarella-Cheese-Sticks/Detail.aspx
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 9:01 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I completely forgot about making the donuts w/ biscuits. I'm going to make those tomorrow!! I put powdered sugar on mine.

the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 9:44 PM on May. 4, 2009

• oh I LOVE our deep fryer! We use it for everything and we even got some fries from meijer that taste EXACTLY like McDonalds fries
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 12:10 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Beer battered fish, actually you can cut up small stripes of steak and batter them I had this in Idaho yummy. Chicken wings, fired okra, fried dough put cinnamon on it.
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 12:32 AM on May. 5, 2009