How do i get them to sleep in the same room?

My DSS is 3yrs old. My mom died last month and i'm going to adopt my 4yr old little brother. For the time being at least, they are going to share a room. But i cant get them to sleep in the same room. They are driving me crazy! how do i do it? they HAVE to learn to go to bed in the same room.
They stay up talking and playing or whatever until i move one out of the room. ...but it cant keep happening like that. Any suggestions?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 5:24 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my kids are in the same room. I know alot of people say dont put a TV in the kids room, to me that calms my kids at night. Make sure that they have seperate beds and they are far away from each other. For a while you might just have to keep checking on them and taking things one by one. Make sure a night light is on if they get scared and try giving baths right before they go to sleep. Good luck
    Anonymous

• we deffinantly will NOT put a tv in my kids bedroom. for me, that would be lowering my standards as a parent. ...but maybe i'll buy a little radio for them to have in their room. as for a night light. that's a whole nother problem that i have yet to address. my DSS likes a dark room to sleep in while my little brother is scared of the dark. i dont have enought time to give them seperate baths everynight and i dont have the patience to bathe them together right now either. ugh.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:27 PM on May. 4, 2009