medications vs natural

i will be having my first child in september and im debating on if i want pain relievers or not i really dont want an epidural but idk if im strong enough to do it all natural are there any other alternatives? what are they? what are the affects?

1mama2B

Asked by 1mama2B at 5:27 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you should always go natural with the first baby so you know how it really feels. and its a wonderful experience. you will be glad you did. becides that meds. will slow down your labor.
    hcashe216

Answer by hcashe216 at 5:37 PM on May. 4, 2009

• my first was induced with an epi. my second neither of the epis took and it wasnt that bad...

but i was only having strong contractions for about 1 hour before he was born....

with my first i wemember everything
    with my 2nd i dont remember hardly anything ebcasue i was half unconcous from the pain
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:45 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I got the epi. It was such relief from the painful contractions!!! I was hanging out and watching cartoons. Then all of a sudden, it stopped working. Nothing after that, of all the meds they tried giving me, nothing worked.
    Just cuz you get an epi, doesnt necessarily mean its going to work.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 5:59 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Natural is the best! It's so empowering! You CAN do it just educate yourself on breathing tecniques etc. You can at least try. I loved labor! Yes it hurts but you get breaks from the contractions.
    Learn about natural pain relieving:)
    Anonymous