I would really like to understand.

This is not to troll or to start an argument I really would like to understand people’s views on this because I cannot seem to get it to click in my head.
We all know that people are FAR from perfect right?? So how can you take the bible as "the word of God" when MEN wrote it?? Are you just convinced that none of these men put their own personal views in the book or is something else?? I have been struggling with my faith for a while now so if anyone can help me I would like to hear your thoughts. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Men wrote it as it was given to them by God. God told them what to write. Their own opinions on the matter is not what they wrote.

II Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:31 PM on May. 4, 2009

• ok...but what you just said came FROM the bible soooo....I mean I could say that god told me to write this but, where is the proof or is it really just something you HAVE to take on faith cuz i really don't have any....???
    Anonymous

• In all seriousness, I think this is the part where faith comes into play. NO one knows who or what is the right in their world, whether it be the Christians, the Muslims the Jews... It's the fact that you chose to believe in something that makes sense to you.
    Anonymous

• I can understand having faith in your god. I cannot understand having faith in men that they accurately wrote what your god told them to write. You can trust what god told you, but can you trust what Joe Bob the original scribe decided to write down as the gospel to not be tainted by his wondering what to have for lunch that day?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:38 PM on May. 4, 2009

• the idea behind it is the Holy Spirit guided and directed the words and the books included. Now, as I have said before if you do trust in the Holy Spirit then you would not be able to understand it. We celebrate in the Mystery of Faith!

Anonymous

• see and that is where i have the problem. because i CANT seem to find anything that makes sense to me!!! And i want to have something to believe in I really do. My brother is a catholic priest and to see how full and happy his life is I get jealous sometimes because i WISH i had something like that because i am happily married and have a beautiful two year old daughter but i feel like i am missing something...

Anonymous

• You have to have faith. God says for those who seek a sign, none will be given. If you just say "hey, prove to me that you exist", or "prove this is true", He's not going to prove Himself. Who are we to test God? We are nothing.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Romans 1:17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written "The just shall live by faith".

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith and that not of yourselves...

Hebrews 10:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for He who comes to God must believe the He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:43 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i guess the big question is HOW do you get faith when you don't have any!!!
    Anonymous

• The Bible was physically written by human men, yes. But they were Godly men, hand picked by God himself to complete the task. Although I'm sure the writings reflect their individual personality as far as style goes, the content was divinely inspired by God and the writers were prompted by the Holy Spirit as to what exactly to write. I believe with all my heart that the Bible is the inspired, infallible, living Word of God, and I believe it is totally true and relevant to every aspect of my life. I have no problem whatsoever taking it to heart 100%.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 5:44 PM on May. 4, 2009

• srhmldndo I respect your opinions and your beliefs but, can you give me something to help me have a connection to god other than the bible because i do not believe in the bible!

Anonymous