What was the most mortifying part of your labor and delivery?

I have a whole list of them, which because I was in so much pain didn't bother me the least bit. I had about 6 people of my family in the room while I was delivering, and everytime I pushed I poo'd a little (couldn't help it....).

But the MOST embarrassing part: I didn't know this until after I had already checked out of the hospital, but my midwife, when they took out my plug and broke my waters (I had to be induced), she took my mucous plug and held it in her hand and walked around the hospital with it showing it to all the nurses because she said it was the most perfect plug she had ever seen bc it was pure white and was one big piece, unbroken. UGH! My husband's aunt was leaving my labor room behind my midwife and witnessed it all! When I found out, I was so grossed out and hugely embarrassed because she showed everybody my mucous plug!!!!

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 5:28 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my water didnt break til i was 23 hours into labor and i had to sit up with my legs hanging over the bed thing (i just couldnt lay down anymore) and when i did my mom was between my legs talking to me and my water had broke alllll over her haha
    and then i ended up doin the exorcist puke allll over the room... i didnt even care lmfao
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 11:40 PM on May. 4, 2009

• For my first child it was hearing them cut me from whole to whole...that was terrible and then my second child I was terrified that I was going to poo on the doc bc I was constipated....
    Anonymous

• When I went potty while in the hossy(being induced with my first baby) and my plug came out and I had no idea what the heck it was and there was enough blood I panicked a bit and made the nurse come look.

I should have known what it was LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:33 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I think the worst thing I did was fart in the nurse's face. She said not to worry about it, it happens all the time but still! I don't usually fart in people's faces so I'm not used to it!
    Anonymous

• Well, you know with an epidural you can't feel anything or help anything, well I guess I farted and it showed up on my contraction monitor as a funny scribbly line 'cause I wasn't having a contraction when it happened and my MIL took a picture of it and showed everybody that came in the room when I farted.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 5:40 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Having my kids dad there 3 times, should have kicked him into touch before i had the kids
    niceandspice

Answer by niceandspice at 5:43 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Well you know how after you have your babies...well things are a little "messy". Well with my first I couldn't walk to the bathroom without leaving a trail. And luckily I have a great guy who cleaned it up for me with no complaints. I had had a shower and thought I had gotten it all cleaned up and the cleaning lady came in to take out the trash and said "I just cleaned this floor and now I have to do it again!" Like I meant to, like I could help it! My DH complained to the RN director of the unit and she was fired.
    medicmomof2

Answer by medicmomof2 at 5:44 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Oh yeah I forgot about all the mess....ugh yeah that was embarrassing too! Especially bc they hadn't given me underwear yet. When I was transferring to the recovery room, they wheeled me out of the room backwards, and I was looking at the room, there was blood EVERYWHERE!!! It was like someone had been murdered in there, lol!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:48 PM on May. 4, 2009

• For me it was when i heard a doctor who was stichin me up say "I think I stiched a pice of amb.cord in it"!!! I was glad my doctor took over...
    Anonymous

• My daughter was a large baby, almost ten pounds and the doctor handed the baby to the ped.nurse and looked at me through my knees and said, WTH have you been feeding that baby?
    Anonymous