Is itchy skin,vaginal dryness and itching normal fora woman starting to go through the change? AND what can I use to calm all the itching down?

Im 47,perimenopausal, and going crazy with vaginal itching and dryness, and all over body itching

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Health

• Yes it is. The PH balance is very screwy right now so you are very prone to yeast infections and the likes. You can use monistat, vagisil, or if you are more naturally minded (and don't want to spend that much) you can use plain yogurt. For the dryness, which can be very uncomfortable you can use a water-based personal lubricant. I personally recommend KY, especially now that it comes in spray form. I'm not menospausal, but witnessed first hand my mother go through what you are describing. I do however have periods of dryness, so for that I offer my personal experience/advice.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 7:35 PM on May. 4, 2009