Have you ever ran over an animal on accident?

And what did you do about it?

serioussifL

Asked by serioussifL at 5:52 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yup. Hit an already dead dog in the road cause there was no way to swerve to avoid it w/o hittin another car, I've ran over a puppy that was dumb and a few cats and a few squirells. I'm fairly sure these animals all had death wishes cause they didn't move.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:19 PM on May. 4, 2009

• yes, a squirrel but i kept going, a cat & i saw it flopping in the road like it was suffering, so i went back and ran over it again to make sure it was dead
    Anonymous

• Technically no. I bumped a deer in the rear end. It was foggy and a deer darted out in front of me. I couldn't quite stop in time. I hit it in the bum.
    It got back up and ran off. I cried because I felt so bad.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:54 PM on May. 4, 2009

• yes, and felt bad about it, was a squirrel.
    Anonymous

• OMG my step-sister just rolled over a little squirrel the other day. The poor thing:( He had a little friend with him too that didn't get harmed. How terrible. I'm pretty sure he died, but we were in a rush so we just kept going. I felt bad for the little fury guy, she was laughing. I hope the squirrels friend got over it:(
    Anonymous

• lol i would laugh too, it's just a rat technically & they are EVERYWHERE around here
    Anonymous

• I ran over a snake on accident. I think I killed him but I just kept on going, lol, no need to check!!! I saw it slithering across the road, and I liked freaked out and tried to miss it, because for some reason I thought the tires would sling it into my window, LMAO I'm paranoid! But anyways I did run over it's head. :-)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:17 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes. I hit a cat and killed it, ran over a frog and killed it, and hit a raccoon but it lived.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:25 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes, I ran over a cat. I called my BIL to see what I should do, because I was freaking out. I didn't have a boyfriend at the time, so calling my sister's house was the next best thing. He said, "don't worry about it" and I drove home crying. And I don't even like animals that much, but the fact that I killed one made me feel like crap.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 6:36 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes a coyote. We were driving on the highway at night on our way to go meet some family for dinner. My niece was following us because she wasn't sure where the place was located. Needless to say, I was going 70 when I hit it and she got sprayed with some of the goo. I felt horrible for a long time but there was no way to avoid hitting the poor thing.
    ashandamymom

Answer by ashandamymom at 6:43 PM on May. 4, 2009