could u not know when ur water brakes?

or would I know? i heard of ppl just leaking how do u know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my first child my water didnt break...it was a slow leak and I had no clue until I started to get contractions and then when I got to the hospital my water broke when I tried to move...
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 5:54 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Could you not ask your doctor when you think your water has broken? Usually when your water breaks, it is lots more than just leakage of urine which happens so often during the last few weeks of your pregnancy. Again, I wonder why some of you girls use the TEXT approach to posting here? Its like a different language when I see "U" and "UR" instead of "you" and "your". Kind of annoying.
    Anonymous

• I had no idea with my son. It was a small little trickle. I felt like I had to go to the bathroom so I sat on the toilet and felt the need to push. I yelled for my mom and had already started crowning. So it is possible to not know.
    MattysWoWMoM

Answer by MattysWoWMoM at 6:16 PM on May. 4, 2009

• If it breaks completly trust me you will know! Its goes everywhere and its gross lol. And it doesnt just look like water like you think it does from tv, no its bloody and everything you would know! Mine broke while I was a sleep I thought that I peed so I jumped up and then it just went everywhere and didnt stop. I was soaked in it I know disgusting, sorry for the description haha. If you get a hole and it is leakingin your bag, you will notice that it feels like you are peeing yourself and will need to keep changing your underwear and usually contractions will start they feel like a period cramp but worse. I hope that this helps you.
    kaitsmommy1008

Answer by kaitsmommy1008 at 6:20 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes. Sometimes it's just a trickle and might feel like you're just a little sweaty. Mine gushed...no doubt at all there. You can also go into labor and your water not break at all and they may break it at the hospital. Every labor is different.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:16 PM on May. 4, 2009

• with my son ( 2 baby) i did not know that my water had broken. i was like i was peeing on myself several time threw the day. then i started to get some sharp pains in my hips that went down to my hoohoo. well after this continued to happen after several hours i went to the L&D and asked if i could just get checked out just to make sure everything was ok. The nurse that checked me was very surprised to tell me that it was definitely my water and that i was already dilated to a 9. i had my son no more then 20 minutes after getting to the hospital.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 7:21 PM on May. 4, 2009