Why am I not as big as everyone else?

Not trying to be rude to anyone. But I am due in August and I hardly have a belly at all. I dont know if it is because I am taller then the average 5'9 and started off at 125 now I am 139.5. I went to the doctor on Friday and she measured and everything she said everything was fine so I dont know why I dont have a belly I want one :(. is that normal?

Sbahns

Asked by Sbahns at 6:03 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You could be carrying the baby more in your back. I did with my daughter and even when I was 8 and a half months pregnant I wasnt as big as most were.
    kaitsmommy1008

Answer by kaitsmommy1008 at 6:05 PM on May. 4, 2009

• my sister is pregnant and from the front you cant tell...even when she turns to the side you cant tell and she is due in July. You could just be having a smaller baby, but if the doc says everything is fine then you shouldnt be worrying about it...who know next month your belly could really shoot out....
    Anonymous

• with my 1st baby i didn't show til i was almost 7 months but i'm tall & i weighed 130 when i got preg, you'll get the belly soon enough
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:05 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I didn't start to to show intil I was like 20+ weeks, Ppl still always say I look small and now I'm 34 weeks. I'm measuring fine and my doc says my lil man is super healthy so it could be the way your carrying the baby,
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:06 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes it is normal, some women do not show until the very end, some women can hide that they are prego the entire time. I have a friend who look about 5 or 6 months prego when she was do. Plus if it is your firs...you showing may take a while, because your body has never stretched before.

MRSnMOTHER

Answer by MRSnMOTHER at 6:07 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I am also due in august and depending on what I wear I don't look pregnant at all and this is my third! I popped really fast with my boys and gained weight really quickly. This time it is a girl and I have hardly gained a thing.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 6:11 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Consider yourself lucky. I was 5'7'' and 115lbs and put on a whopping 55lbs. I only have 10 lbs to go, but it's been 2 years....
    Anonymous

• k thank you! It is my first!
    Sbahns

Answer by Sbahns at 6:12 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Some people just don't get big when they're pregnant. Or...maybe not as big as SOME people get.

Just remember to take a picture when you're in labor or at 40 weeks, whichever comes first. Then when your baby is a few months old, look back at that last picture of your pregnant self. I swear you'll go "OMG I WAS BIGGER THAN I THOUGHT!" Hahahaha. I always complained about how tiny my belly was compared to other girls.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:23 PM on May. 4, 2009

• You are so right caitxrawks. Looking back at pictures give you a different opinion on how you looked.

MRSnMOTHER

Answer by MRSnMOTHER at 4:49 AM on May. 5, 2009