wth my 13 month old keeps frickin bitin me!

He comes up to me and chomp chomp, leaves welts and teeth marks... why is he doing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter went through this when she was that age and all i did was bite her back...I mean not hard or anything just enough to show her ouch dont do that....then she stopped one day!! Dont bite to the point of leaving a mark or anything....
    Anonymous

• My son did that as well. I immediately told him no, it was mean to bite then I walked away and ignored him for a while. Some days I actually had to go outside the gated area of our house to avoid him. Just make sure that he's safe where he is. Biting is largely an attempt to get attention and if it has the opposite affect, it loses its appeal. Part of the problem may also be teething so you might also try giving him something to help with that..
    Anonymous

• what is the consequence for this? You need to make sure he knows that when he bites, his blanket will go in the closet (or some other consequence).

Answer by rkoloms at 7:58 PM on May. 4, 2009

• does someone play bite/eat him? or is he teething? if he bites make eye contact with him and in a firm voice tell him no biting. if that dosn't work you may have to listen to the 6:07 reply.
    also don't play the i'm going eat your tummy game or anyother game that may seem like biting to your child.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:37 PM on May. 4, 2009

• MY SON WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING WHEN HE BITE ME I BITE BACK BUT NOT HARD TO WHERE U LEAVE TEETH MARKS ENOUGH TO SHOW IT HURTS U KNOW AND SAY NO THAT HURTS
    tabby23andkids

Answer by tabby23andkids at 11:21 PM on May. 5, 2009