How can i get my picky eater to eat? I have tried small meals through out the day i need tips on how to get a picky eater to eat and high calorie foods any and all advice is really appreaciated

My ds is a picky eater, i have tried many small meals throughout the day and big meals 3 times a day with snacks i was told my child is small but i should not worry, but i was also told that he needs to gain weight any food suggestions and tricks to get a toddler to eat he would rather run around than sit down to eat. Thank you in advanced all tips are appreciated

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sometimes I let my two year old pick something from the fridge or cupboard himself. For some reason, this helps when he is feeling picky.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:14 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I have a very picky eater as well.  He is small for his age and his pediatrician told me to give him high calorie foods because he was not gaining weight.  I started by not trying to get him to eat.  I would prepare food and let him come to me.  I made his favorite oatmeal with whole milk, peanut butter toast, scrambled eggs cooked in olive oil with lots of melted cheese, homemade cheeseburgers, and healthy homemade pizza with tons of cheese and meat.  Well, it worked, but we both started gaining weight, rofl.  That food is great!

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 6:39 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Try putting a small bowl or plate of his favorite snacks in his play area so that he can grab a bite here and there as he wants.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 6:47 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Avocado is full of good fats for growing brains, baked sweet potato or acorn squash "fries", sprinkle ground flax or hemp oil in his foods, cooked whole wheat pasta dipped in sauce, cooked beans, tofu cubes
    Try to find a copy of Super Baby Food at your local library; it is the best book on feeding babies and toddlers; more information at www.superbabyfood.com.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:56 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Milkshakes....Try to buy replacment meals or milkshakes you make yourself. My doctor told me this for my son and it helped.
    pytmom3

Answer by pytmom3 at 11:50 PM on May. 4, 2009