• In the Spotlight:

Is this any of my business? Shouldn't someone step in?

I suspect that a woman I don't even know is being abused at home? Today I was at the laundro mat and there was this kid harassing this woman. I thought maybe it was his mom but there was another woman with him and he was calling her mom too. He kept yelling at her to get off her cell phone and saying she is crazy and isn't good enough for anyone. I sooo wanted to step up and do something but wasn't sure if it was any of my business. But I felt for the woman. I really did. I really wanted to smack that kid with my gallon of detergent! What would you do if you saw this or have you ever witnessed a situation like this?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 6:30 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I woulda ran that kid's head through a wall.
    Anonymous

• I would have called the police and told them there was a public disturbance and let them handle it. That was simply unacceptable acting like that at all much less in public. Goodness knows what goes on behind closed doors. If a boy acts like that then he probably learned it from an adult male. Sad.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:14 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I would have told him he needs to use his big boy manners and be polite to teh nice lady and use his inside voice or he would have to sit in teh naughty chair doesnt matter how old he is when you act like youre 3 then you need to be treated like your three
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 7:15 PM on May. 4, 2009

• That's thing though. He didn't act like he was three. He acted like an asshole! Like a mini-me version of a larger asshole who might be her husband or father.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 9:15 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Too many people walk on bye, i can understand why to not interfere, but yes you could maybe have gone outside and got someone else to call the police
    niceandspice

Answer by niceandspice at 5:04 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I should've. I wish I would have...saved that poor woman any more misery. I should've tripped that kid or something. What a nightmare!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:32 PM on May. 5, 2009