9mo old with rotavirus!

I dont get it... she has all of her vaccines! she just got diagnosed today, but the last week has been miserable. diarrea and vommitting all day long! i cant wait to get back to normal. anyone other moms have experience with this? how long does it last? what can i do?

lovinsophie

Asked by lovinsophie at 6:40 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had it 14 months. He ended up in the hospital for a week and a half. We almost lost him. His case was terrible. He too had the vaccine. According to his Doctor in the hospital, the vaccine is not 100%. It does however reduce the severity...which makes me wonder how bad it would have been if my son had not had the vaccine. Sorry your daughter is going through this. I'm sure you know this, but just keep pushing fluids. Make sure she is having plenty of wet (urine) diapers. Watch for sunken eyes, dry mouth/tongue and lack of tears when crying. Also, dry flaky skin...all these are signs of dehydration.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 6:47 PM on May. 4, 2009

• The vaccine with help with the severity of it. It should run it's course in the next few days
    Anonymous

• My guy had it at 12 months and wound up in hospital too, just for 24 hours or so. Just keep an eye out for signs of dehydration and keep giving her small amounts of breast milk and water or whatever else the dr recommends.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:53 PM on May. 4, 2009