Me and my very active 3 1/2 year old daughter need socializing activities to do for free in lafayette, La..ideas?

activities for me and my 3 yr old daughter to enjoy together and to keep her engaged and socialized atlittle or no cost to my already empty pockets

SophsMom805

Asked by SophsMom805 at 6:52 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would search cafemom groups based on your location to meet moms for playdates.
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 9:42 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Several options:
    The national moms groups... www.MomsClub.org and www.MOPS.org. There is a membership fee but it's really low.
    Try www.meetup.com or yahoo's groups. If you don't find a group in your area, start one. You'll have people joining your group pretty quickly.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:58 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I am a SAHSM and share your financial woes, dahling. I live in Broussard and my daugher Marleigh just turned 4 this month. I have done a few things to avoid forking out too much moolah. It DOES cost $5 per person (adult and child same price), but MAN, is it fun! Lafayette has of course, a plethora of parks. We like Girard Park and all, but have found Veterans Park (located off Feu Follet road between Kaliste Saloom and Verot) to be kind of like a "mini-Girard Park". It's got slides and swings, picnic areas, rolling hills to chase her around and a pond complete with many hungry ducks with a little pier. I actually look forward to going myself, lol. Sorry this is SO long,lol... AND FINALLY...check out this website, it's got some cool events!! Good Luck!!  http://lafayettela.macaronikid.com/ 

marleighkinsmom

Answer by marleighkinsmom at 2:45 AM on Nov. 19, 2010